Whether you’re recovering from back surgery or a C-section, finding the right ergonomic chair after surgery can make a big difference in speeding up your recovery process and eliminating your discomfort. That’s because the way you sit plays a major role in the way your body works — particularly when you have to do a lot of sitting and resting as you recover. For patients who are dealing with ongoing back pain after surgery or who need help with hip surgery recovery, exploring available seating solutions is worthwhile. Changing the way you sit during recovery may be an important first step in transforming the way your body heals.
REST EASY AFTER THESE SURGERIES
Downtime is a normal part of abdominal surgery recovery or spine surgery recovery. Whether you’re told to recline for a few days or to only walk when necessary, you likely will be required to rest for some period of time. Some of the procedures that will require extensive sitting or resting during recovery include:
- Abdominal surgery
- Prostate surgery
- Gastric surgery
- Pancreatic or liver surgery
- Hip surgery
- Spine & Back surgery
Resting empowers your body to heal. To make the most of your downtime, it only makes sense to look for ways to improve the quality of that rest — and that’s where seating solutions come into play.
THE BEST POSTSURGICAL CHAIR SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
Finding the best chair or recliner for your recovery period depends on understanding your physical needs. What part of your body was directly affected by the surgery? Which area most needs to heal? Here are a few key factors to keep in mind when evaluating seating options:
- Back Support. Is a chair with a firm back best for sitting after your particular type of surgery? Some patients find high-backed, firm rocking chairs relieve some back discomfort. Rocking chairs also may speed healing of bowel dysfunction that’s common after surgery. If this is the case for you, look for a seating option that provides good support to your back.
- Proper Posture. What post-op instructions were you given regarding sitting up versus reclining? Are you supposed to avoid one or the other for a period of time? In many cases, the angled position of a reclining chair can reduce lower back pain and help your body rest. For the best office chair after back surgery look for a chair that accommodates your required position as you go through your back surgery recovery.
- Proper Chair Height. Whether it’s because you’re unable to kneel down after hip surgery or having a hard time leaning back after abdominal surgery, you won’t want a chair that is too low or two high after surgery. Look for something that is easy to get in and out of under your post-op guidelines.
- Soft Seat Cushions. During the first few weeks after surgery, sitting can be uncomfortable to say the least. Soft cushions can make sitting more bearable.
COME TO CONCEPT SEATING FOR ERGONOMIC SEATING
As the company behind the 24/7 chair that combines ergonomics, comfort and durability, Concept Seating is here to help you find the best and most effective seating options. Whether you need a specific kind of postoperative chair or are interested in learning more about what’s available, we can help.
Contact us today to learn more about our ergonomic seating solutions.