Honoring 911 Telecommunicators
The Golden Headset Award highlights the extraordinary work of public safety workers. The job is difficult but lives are saved every day by their efforts. The quarterly award recognizes dispatchers who have gone above and beyond the call of duty to help someone.
Golden Headset Quick Facts
- Peer nominated via the form below
- Winners are selected via a peer advisory board based on their ability to demonstrate the following among their internal team, the public safety industry, their community, and/or caller(s):
- Ability to encourage positivity
- Winners receive an award and a gift card
- The award started in 2022 as a joint partnership between Concept Seating and The Denise Amber Lee Foundation, whose mission is to support and promoted public safety through uniform training, standardized protocols, quality assurance, and technological advances. The Foundation was founded in memory of Denise Amber Lee.
- Follow The Golden Headset on Facebook for all the latest news.
Congratulations to our Past Winners
2023 Q1: Zharvis, Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office
2022 Q4: Kimberly, Riverside County Sheriff’s Department
2022 Q3: Shantella, City of LaVerne Police Department
2023 Award Schedule
Nomination Deadline: Wednesday, February 15, 2023
Winner Announced: Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Nomination Deadline: Monday, May 15, 2023
Winner Announced: Thursday, June 15, 2023
Nomination Deadline: Tuesday, August 15, 2023
Winner Announced: Friday, September 15, 2023
Nomination Deadline: Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Winner Announced: Friday, December 15, 2023