The Definitive Guide To Choosing An Office Chair
It’s true that a business is only as effective as its personnel — and also true that your personnel can only be as effective as their seating. Chairs matter, whether your workplace is a large office complex or a high-stress dispatch center. The right office chairs can make all the difference in the focus and efficiency of your employees as they work.
Here’s an office chair buying guide that will explain what to look for in an office chair you can count on to provide your workers with vital support and make it easier for them to stay on task:
- Adjustable features — No two people are exactly the same, and good office chairs accommodate accordingly. Your work environment may see employees come and go, whether for different shifts or because of personnel changes. That’s why adjustability is the first factor addressed in this guide. Always look for chairs with fully adjustable seat widths, heights and armrests. This ensures that each person who uses the chair can customize it to his or her needs.
- High weight capacity — In order to serve a diverse team of employees, you’ll want a chair that can accommodate the widest range of users possible. Look for one that has a weight capacity of 500 pounds or more.
- Lumbar support — Lower back pain is a common complaint for desk workers. Tackle this issue before it starts by offering your workers chairs with adjustable lumbar support. You want each employee to be able to adjust the back support up or down to accommodate his or her body.
- Breathable upholstery — When it comes to the best types of fabrics for chairs, you’ll want to look for breathable, medium-textured upholstery. You don’t want itchy or abrasive fabrics that could irritate workers’ skin or materials that will trap heat and make them uncomfortable.
- Durable construction with sturdy steel frame — The best office chairs are those made to last. When it comes to what to look for when buying an office chair, you want to prioritize construction. To find the most durable, long-lasting chair designs, look for seats that have steel frames, which makes them virtually indestructible.
- Warranties — Protect your investment by choosing chairs that come with good manufacturer warranties. Warranties give you the added assurance that your product is high in quality and backed by a guarantee of value.
Shopping for the best chairs for your work environment is easier when you know what features are important. Use this office chair buying guide to simplify the task. And to learn more about Concept Seating’s selection of high-quality office chairs, contact us today!