Choosing The Right Chair For Your Conference Room
Furnishing a conference room is about more than color scheme and design style; it’s also about comfort and durability. Essentially, the best conference room chairs feel as good as they look. They’ll support posture as much as they suit the décor. That’s because, when your colleagues, clients and employees sit down in your meeting room, you want them to be able to focus, resist distractions and be productive — and chairs affect all of these elements.
Believe it or not, the conference room furniture you pick plays a major role in how well meetings run, how effectively individuals can work and more. How do you choose among conference table chairs? What qualities should you be looking for in meeting room chairs? To help answer these questions, here’s a look at how to choose the best modern conference room chairs for your business:
- What’s comfortable? You probably already know that ergonomic seating can revolutionize the way people work at the office. However, did you also know that this includes conference rooms? Because ergonomic chairs add comfort, encourage proper posture, and reduce aches and pains, they can help people stayfocused —even during long meetings and presentations. Look for comfortable, customizable seating options in order to maximize the value of your seating options at the office.
- Are they adjustable? A big component in ergonomics is customizability. You want chairs that can be adjusted to fit different body types and sizes from day to day. This is especially true in a conference room where multiple individuals will come in and out, looking for a place to sit. Find chairs that have adjustable heights in order to suit various people.
- What looks good? While aesthetics aren’t the only deciding factor in shopping for office chairs, they are an important factor. You want chairs that fit your office style and branding. Likewise, you want furnishings that will make your conference room an attractive, pleasing place to work. Think about colors, style, materials and how the chairs’ overall aesthetic will fit your space.
- How durable are the materials? As long as you’re investing in new office furniture, you may as well invest in quality materials (such as leather) that will stand the test of time. While quality materials may cost more upfront, they’ll pay you back because they won’t need to be replaced every few years. When you’re shopping options, look for materials that will be easy to clean, known to last long, and still be comfortable and attractive.
- Can they move easily? When attendees need to pivot their chairs to look at a speaker, collaborate with neighbors or participate in some group strategy session, having conference room chairs with wheels comes in handy. Rather than needing to lift and move chairs to other parts of the room, they can simply roll around where they need to go. If flexibility is important to you in your conference room, look for chairs with wheels.
Are you in the market for new conference room chairs? Come to Concept Seating! Explore our online catalog to see examples of available seating, or get in touch with us today to talk about options.
Get In Touch Today